Henna tattoo is an art form used for decoration and medicine that’s been around for at least 5,000 years. It’s temporary body art that uses dye prepared from plants called Henna.
These tattoos are traditionally used for celebration and rites of passage. Today, it’s increasingly popular throughout the world because many celebrities and other influencers use this art as a fun sense of fashion.
What is the process?
- It’s applied in it’s green paste form
- The paste is made by grinding dried Henna leaves then mixing them with water, lemon and essential oils
- It comes out as an orange-brown hue then after it’s dried, the paste is peeled off after about 24 hours. Next it’s color deepens to a reddish-brown color
- Normally it takes around two days to reach its full vibrance spectrum
How safe is it?
- The Henna plant is used for medical purpose such as treating skin conditions and for minor burns
- It’s a completely natural form of body decoration
- Unlike traditional tattoos, there are no needles used in this process so it’s entirely painless
- Henna tattoos are a wonderful alternative to the lifelong commitment of a standard tattoo
How long does Henna Tattoo last?
Generally, a Henna will last somewhere between 1 and 3 weeks. However, this will depend on skin type, lifestyle and the body part where the tattoo is applied.
Henna Tattoo $10+